The International Program at Hawaii Baptist Academy is selective. Admissions standards are high, and only fully qualified students will be accepted into the program. For 2017-2018, applications for students entering 9th grade will be accepted.
The Admissions Process is divided into the following five steps:
- Admission Decision
- I-20 Issuance
The Application involves the following:
- Request an Application Packet.
- Applicant student and parents complete and submit the application with the following, along with English translation: copy of applicant's birth certificate or current passport.
- Have the applicant’s current school submit the following in English:
- Official School Transcript
- Administrator Reference Form by school administrator or school counselor (HBA Form 2)
- English Teacher Reference Form (HBA Form 3A)
- Math Teacher Reference Form (HBA Form 3B)
- Extra-curricular Reference Form by a coach, mentor or non-academic subject teacher (HBA Form 5) (optional)
- Previous Year's Report Card
- Current Semester's Report Card
- Applicant's Photo
- Register for the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT) at a test center nearest you at www.ssat.org. A copy of the applicant’s official SSAT Score Report needs to be released to Hawaii Baptist Academy, school code: 3760.
- The iTEP SLATE-Plus test (www.itepexam.com) will be accepted in lieu of the SSAT, if the applicant is unable to register for the SSAT at a test center within a two-hour travel time.
- Submit the $200 USD non-refundable application fee. Hawaii Baptist Academy will accept credit card or bank wire transfer.
- Notice of Legal Guardianship Form, if applicable.
- The application will not be complete until all documentation listed above have been received along with the $200 USD application fee.
- Student: Once the Admissions Office has received all documents, forms, and fees, a representative of Hawaii Baptist Academy will contact you to schedule a student interview via webcam. The interview will be conducted to assist the school in determining the student’s fluency in English. An applicant requesting admission must be proficient in technical English before acceptance will be considered.
- Local Legal Guardian: The admissions process requires an interview with the applicant’s local guardian, if applicable.
Enrollment is not official until the following documentation, fees, and required forms are received.
- A signed Student Enrollment Contract
- Non-refundable $2,000 USD Enrollment Contract Deposit must be received with the Enrollment Contract and will be applied to tuition upon enrollment.
- A copy of the F-1 Student Visa
- Official Physical Examination Form and immunization record, including current Tuberculosis (TB) clearance. See Hawaii Vaccine and Immunization Record Requirements and Hawaii TB clearance requirements for students. Please note that the physical exam and TB clearance must be completed within one year before entrance into a school in Hawaii and must be performed by a U.S. licensed Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), or Physician’s Assistance (PA).
Upon the student’s enrollment, parents are obligated to pay the full tuition and fees for the full academic year. No portion of tuition or fees or charges paid or outstanding will be refunded or cancelled in the event of a student’s absence, withdrawal or dismissal from Hawaii Baptist Academy. Your obligation may be cancelled by notifying Hawaii Baptist Academy of your child’s withdrawal in writing by June 30 prior to the beginning of the enrolling school year. Cancellation of your enrollment will be subject to forfeiture of your contract deposit.
All tuition and fees are in U.S. currency. Tuition and fees are due by wire transfer or credit card to Hawaii Baptist Academy by June 1st of the enrolling year. Tuition for school year 2016-2017 is $19,850. Tuition increases 3% to 5% annually. The 2017-2018 tuition will be determined by February 2017.
A fee for school uniforms will be collected upon enrollment in the amount of $500. In grades 7 to 12, the following fees are collected from all students: Comprehensive Fee, Book and Course Fee, Technology Fee, and Class Dues, which range from a total of $700 to $1,000.
Tuition Refund Payment (TRP) Insurance
HBA offers tuition insurance to assist with financial losses incurred during the academic year because of withdrawal, dismissal, extended medical absence or death of a student’s parent or legal guardian. For further information, please contact the Admissions Office.