Application Instructions for Grades 1-6
Hawaii Baptist Academy welcomes you as a candidate for admission. Applications and supporting credentials for the 2017-2018 school year may be forwarded to the Elementary Admissions Office from September 1, 2016.
- Complete the application online.
- Please submit the following items to the Elementary Admissions Office within 7 days of submitting your online application:
- A signed copy of the online application
- A copy of the applicant’s legal birth certificate
- Please download other required documents from the Forms section of the Admissions tab on the school website.
Grades 1-6 applying from private schools
Applicants should submit the following forms to their present schools:
- Consent for Release of Information (Form 1)
- Confidential Administrator’s Report (Form 2)
- Teacher Reference Report (Form 3): Please download and print the form, sign it and give it to your child’s current teacher, along with a stamped envelope addressed to HBA.
- Parents: please send copies of the 1st and 2nd quarter report cards as soon as you receive them.
Grades 1-6 applying from public schools
Applicants should submit the following to Hawaii Baptist Academy:
- Copies of your child’s previous year and current 1st semester report card
- Copies of report cards as you receive them for the remaining quarters of the current school year.
- Teacher Reference Report (Form 3). Please download and print the form, sign it and give it to your child’s current teacher, along with a stamped addressed envelope to HBA.
* Note: Grades 5 and 6 applicants are required to fill out two (2) Teacher reference forms. The Language Arts and Math teachers should complete the form.
- Grades 6- Decision letters mailed out after March 15. Date to reply: April 15
- Grades 1-5: Decision letters mailed out before April 15. Date to reply: May 10
Admissions notification continues as long as there are vacancies. Students on the waiting list will be notified when an opening occurs.