Employment Opportunities at HBA
We employ individuals with a desire to contribute to an educational institution in a Christian setting. Together, HBA’s faculty and staff lend their God-given talents to serve, change lives and help shape the future leaders of tomorrow.
Employment benefits include:
- 100% paid premiums for medical/dental insurance (single)
- Group life insurance
- Tax-deferred annuity plan (403b)
- Flexible spending program
- Tuition discount
- And much more!
To apply, submit a Teaching Application.
Requirement: bachelor's degree.
To apply, submit a Non-Teaching Application.
Job/Position Title: ASEP Program Leader
Office/Campus: After School Enrichment Program
Reports to: ASEP Coordinator STATUS: 10 Months (Non-Exempt)
To provide a conducive and safe environment of child care for HBA elementary students during post school hours and holiday and summer periods.
- Plans, develops and implements various learning and play activities for assigned group of children.
- Assist students with homework problems.
- Supervise the activity of assigned children.
- Discipline children as necessary, using appropriate methods.
- Direct the efforts of the assigned junior leader or aide.
- Prepare and/or pick up snacks for assigned group.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist in daily clean up.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Equipment Use: Sport and playground equipment, two-way radio, and first-aid kit.
- Work Hours: 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday. Other hours as needed during intersession and summer breaks.
- Mental Demands: Must be alert and aware of children’s safety, decision making analytical and critical thinking ability, attention to detail.
- Physical Demands: Working in the sun, monitoring the activity of numerous children at play.
- Spiritual: Must have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life and; demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Baptist Faith and Message”, the tenets of the Southern Baptist denomination.
- Skills/Knowledge: Enjoys working with children. Good verbal communication skills. Knowledge of appropriate multiple discipline methods. First aid and CPR certification.
- Education/Training: Graduation from high school.
- Experience: Nine months experience working with elementary age children in various settings