Research shows that students learn best when lessons are connected from subject to subject and from grade level to grade level. This is why everything, from curriculum to the school calendar, emphasizes continuity. Each lesson builds upon what students have already learned and prepares them for what’s ahead.
Operating on a modified year-round school calendar, our regular school year begins in early August and ends in late May or early June. Breaks of at least two weeks occur at the end of each quarter in October, December, and March. This schedule gives students:
- Greater continuity in learning
- Increased retention of information
- Increased enrichment and review opportunities through intersession classes
- Time for educational trips without interfering with classroom instruction
- Social time
- Time for renewing energy for learning