Requirements for Faculty Applicants
- Completed and signed employment application
- Official original unopened copy of university transcript(s)
- Personal reference from your pastor
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (a requirement for state certification).
- In addition:
- Elementary applicants must have a major or minor in elementary education.
- Intermediate/High School applicants must have a major or teaching minor in the specific field of study for which you are applying.
- After receiving an offer of employment, you must complete a physical examination and criminal history record clearance at HBA’s expense, and present a certification of a negative TB test or an X-ray clearance.
- HBA shall employ only individuals who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their lives, and demonstrate a living relationship with Jesus Christ as described in “The Faith and Message,” the tenets of the Southern Baptist denomination.
- All Elementary and Intermediate /High School teachers must be active members of a local Southern Baptist or evangelical Christian church.
- For salary information please contact HBA Human Resources.
- Salary is paid bi-weekly over twenty-six (26) pay periods.
- Requests for interview by HBA are made by telephone or in writing. Following the interview(s), an offer of employment will be made either by telephone or in writing.
- Upon an offer of employment, you will have two weeks to make your decision.
- Due to the large number of applications received, only interviewed applicants will be notified of the final decision.
- All applications are maintained on active status for two years. After two years, a new application must be submitted for consideration.